Monday, January 28, 2013

Habitat for Humanity

I am working with Habitat for Humanity in ChristChurch. Last weekend I went to Hammer Hot springs and soaked in the sulfer mineral water to ease away the Antarctic stresses. Yesterday I played at Sumner Beach and had the most delicious Red India Pale Ale that I have ever had. Best damn beer I have had in a year. I cannot post any pictures right now and am posting from the Kindle. So I am a little limited in my ability to express my trip. Today we ripped out the vinyl flooring of a house damaged in the earthquake. Some of the subfloor was replaced and in other areas we planed the floor down level in other spots. By the end of the day started placing masonite down on top of the floor in preparation for new vinyl. Earlier this year they leveled the house and put piers under it. Many homes here have been red zoned and their owners will never be able to return. These owners we are helping have permission to repair but no insurance to cover the costs of the labor... only the materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any questions about my travels please comment.