Thursday, January 3, 2013

Post New Years Hike

Mt. Erebus and Castle Rock- we are half way through a 7 mile hike.

At the bottom of Castle Rock - For my sister cause she kicks butt and designed this shirt, for my padres cause I know they were involved, and for Oso - cause I miss him. <sorry Lucy :( >
You may have noticed the horror in my face in the above picture, because this is what I saw when was looking at the camera.... the fog is rolling in behind us, we are miles from base, alone, and the fog is rolling in.
Ten minutes later the farthest I can see is 150 ft but after half an hour of hiking we get below cloud cover and spend the next few hours negotiating the slushy sea ice on the way back home. We make it back just in time for dinner... with a raging appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any questions about my travels please comment.