Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I have rejoined the world!

It has been a weird week. The parties over the weekend were over the top. And Sunday I was unprepared for leaving. I stayed up all night Sunday, packing, cleaning, fretting and procrastinating. Passed my room inspection with "flying colors" Monday morning. Worked through the afternoon. Spent the evening printing itineraries and booking information for this part of my trip. Went home to sleep and found I could not. So I spent the night, the whole night, in the galley chatting with new and old friends. That conversation went places that I have never conversed before. Strange things are done in the mid night sun. After over 48 hours awake we transported and I crashed on the two hour trek to the Pegasus run way. I barely remember the transfer to the plane.

Our C-130 was packed to the gills. I found myself squished next to some hydraulic contraption and slept heavily till 30 minutes to landing.

And here were are! Back with the rest of the bustling planet. Green trees. Moisture in the air (you wouldn't believe how different that feels on your arms). I am wearing a t-shirt, outside, and totally comfortable. Unbelievable.

It is my birthday tonight. We are meeting in the "Brother's Arms" just down the street for some fish and chips and a couple beers. I start with Habitat for Humanity tomorrow... or maybe the day after (I am exhausted and have discussed staying another night here with the hotel).

Love to everyone. Can't wait to see the Grandparents on both sides, my sister, her man, and all my old friends.

1 comment:

If anyone has any questions about my travels please comment.