Monday, January 21, 2013

My time here in Antarctica has come to a close

Just relaxing in the sun
It has been a good season. The weather would change on a dime. Sunny afternoons and blustering cold mornings. Today there are five foot snow drifts all around town. Not too long ago I went on a nine mile hike in a t-shirt at midnight.

We worked hard. And worked fun. I learned a great deal and made some great friends. At six in the morning tomorrow I will head up to building 140 for transport to the airport. If all goes well I will celebrate my 28th birthday in New Zealand.

Thanks to my family for helping to get me here. For supporting me while I was here. For taking care of Oso. For welcoming me on my imminent return.

And thanks to the people here for being welcoming. For being willing to teach a Texan how things are done on the bottom of the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any questions about my travels please comment.